Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A poet's portrayal (16/1/2013)

3 posters

Go down

A poet's portrayal (16/1/2013) Empty A poet's portrayal (16/1/2013)

Post by Horizon Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:07 pm

A poet's portrayal - 18/1/2013

Winter, 1869. I'd been walking astray the streets of Vienna, in my deliberate rush towards the library of Lukas.
A typical Austrian time, it'd been snowing from all the cardinal points, freezing even the bravest of hearts who dared stand in its way.
With sluggish, exhausting steps, I left myself guided by instincts through the unforgiving blizzard. Eventually, after going through a terrific process of entropy and disorientation, I'd finally reached the target.
I was now opening the doors of the library with an incomprehensible, unmistakable fury, purifying myself from all the snowflakes who had collided with my body.
The valet had already taken care of my overcoat, cautiously placing it in a peg's neck. Afterwards, he gently asked me if I wanted to leave my gloves and hat as well. As a response, I slowly raised two fingers, nearly shaking them, as a sign of negation.
Then follow the necessary salutations; gathering our thoughts and cleansing our minds, me and Lukas shook hands, firmly, not too soft and not for long; a typical way of greeting a respectable Viennese librarian, with an important state.
Samael, the valet, had met me in a somewhat precarious way.
I started advancing through the gigantic bookshelves, seeking a specific piece of british literature belonging to Howard Pyle. Looking at the seemingly unending walls now and then, I'd been perceiving the leather covers of Vietnamese war-themed books; then I would stand lost in the abyss, having a lapse moment... and then, I'd seen him. He was standing tall, brilliantly, in his grand youth, like an angelic presence amidst demons, having literal discernments with himself. He seemed unimpaired by time, as his limpid facial traits, crystal clear as a mountain river, shone. His eternally swift and mind-penetrating eyes were hunting the haughty titles of his own works. Fearless, the poet was in a never-ending duel against the letters, overcoming them, the letters that would soon become immortalized on plain paper.

A letter from home - 16/1/2013

Spoiler:
Alone in the orchard

Spoiler:

House of sparks
Spoiler:

Last edited by Horizon on Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Horizon
Horizon
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

A poet's portrayal (16/1/2013) Empty Re: A poet's portrayal (16/1/2013)

Post by Towelie Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:27 pm

I really admire people who make topics in the litterature section. I suck at writing stuff. A letter from home is really nice. Good job, lad.
Towelie
Towelie
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by Horizon Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:15 pm

Thank you!
Updated with "A poet's portrayal"
Horizon
Horizon
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by Slipstream Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:41 am

I love your writing. I can't really critique it, as I'm not a professional writer, nor am I very good with words beyond a high-school vocabulary. All I can say with certainty is that I adore your way with words. Keep on writing, man, I love your work.
Slipstream
Slipstream

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum