Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Um animations

+2
Static
Night Wing
6 posters

Go down

Um animations  Empty Um animations

Post by Night Wing Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:37 pm

Hello everyone!!!
Welcome to my silky smooth thread!
Here are some animations I have made!

NEWEST

Um animations  1358690702

Um animations  1358125544

Not As New
Spoiler:

Roll and jump

Last edited by Night Wing on Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Night Wing
Night Wing

Back to top Go down

Um animations  Empty Re: Um animations

Post by Static Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:23 pm

Um animations  1357701324

Thumbs up : I love the moves, I would think those are hard to pull of well like you did. Foot placement, poses, easing are all spot on, keep those up!

No : In places, especially the cartwheel, it looks very stiff, move all the joints significantly when moving. Watch the arm at the end, the spacing went a bit off.

Static
Static

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Wing Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:09 pm

Thanks for the tips! Update!!
Night Wing
Night Wing

Back to top Go down

Post by JojoI3a Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:44 pm

well, to be honest, all your animations are awesome, but the momentum in those animation needs to be worked on. That is the only more relevant mistake I can notice. I have to agree with Static here, close to inters, but not quite there.
JojoI3a
JojoI3a
Rank Squad
Rank Squad

Back to top Go down

Post by Neo Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:20 pm

1st animation:
This was pretty good, I only think the main problem you have is that when you animate you don't put in enough build up, for the first flip the guy should have either done it fast for momentum, or bent down for more force, it looked like he was being pulled up by some weird force lol... Another thing I noticed that there was a little pose issue at the beginning. a person's arms don't fling back when they run like in the animation. However, I really love you're smooth style and presentation of the animations. And the fact that you went through the effort of making the person full body and giving the animation some form of background makes me think you have lots of potential! Um animations  Thumbs_up_smiley

2nd Animation:

Though this one was simpler with no full body or coloured background, I think you did a better job on it, the changes in camera movements and the timing of them isn't very easy to pull off, so the fact that you tried with this kind of camera movement (and pulled off very well indeed!) is a really good part of the animation, but I think a problem you have in general is your runs, the running in your animations throws off the quality a little as the spacing doesn't seem to work, I would also say that on the double flip of the bar he should have gone a little faster, or he should have curled in, but that's just my preferences and I think you did an excellent job on the animation all round.
Neo
Neo

Back to top Go down

Post by TOLBIAS Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:41 am

You're very close to Intermediate but your animationg are stiff and lack movement. On your newest animation the stick didn't really bend his knees that much which kinda killed the momentum and made the animation look stiff.
TOLBIAS
TOLBIAS

http://pinktolbpanda.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by sifterpivoter Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:35 pm

In this case, I agree with TOLB. You just need to learn the basics and make your movements smoother and I'll move you up by myself (with a discussion, of course). You have some good physics.
sifterpivoter
sifterpivoter
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down